GeoDecisions has been awarded a contract to modernize the City of Chicago Department of Information Technology (DoIT) geographic information system (GIS) data editing and desktop tools. The DoIT GIS Division maintains a central data repository where spatial data is shared across departments and integrated into web services and interactive map services. Partnering with W4Sight, a Chicago-based WBE, GeoDecisions efforts will help Chicago’s GIS Division manage the quality and timeliness of base data to support enterprise-wide geocoding, address verification, and mapping.
The applications will enable the end user to edit data in real time. The application design is based on the following criteria:
· Manage and control personal operational data.
· Facilitate data entry with validation.
· Flexible to support editing data sets from a variety of departments.
· Address data using standard forms, address validation, and geocoding.
· Minimal GIS training needed.
GeoDecisions recently completed related modernization efforts for the City of Chicago including SPADE, an internal browser-based web application that allows users to view and maintain moratoriums, data editing services (DES), and a permit map viewer used to view permits based on date ranges.