The 2018 Esri® User Conference (UC) is over but the work is just beginning. This year’s Esri UC was the best yet – with five days of more than 1,000 sessions, 450 hours of GIS training, 300 exhibitors, and almost 18,000 attendees! The GeoDecisions’ team got a chance to show the GIS world the exciting things we have been doing with geospatial technology, from our software solutions of Track, Notify, GeoPlan, GeoQ, GeoWalkway, and HPMSAnalyst to our consulting and custom-designed solutions.
One custom solution – Modeling Public Safety Allocation Funds for the Philadelphia Public Safety Facilities Master Planning Project – was highlighted in the Esri UC Plenary by Esri President Jack Dangermond. Watch the Esri Plenary Video on YouTube. Jack states “My favorite map (GeoDecisions Modeling Public Safety Allocation Funds), showing the allocation of public funds, it’s a model, it’s not where they went, it’s where they should go based on many factors.”
While we were working and learning, we also played games and helped make the world a better place. Many of you played NOTIFYnD with GeoDecisions, a scavenger-hunt-like game sending you on a different quest each day. Not only did it give you a chance to test out GeoDecisions’ Notify and Esri Survey123, your participation helped raise $200 for Water for People. Water for People is an international NGO promoting the development of high-quality drinking water and sanitation services. We made a donation based on each person registered to play the game. Take a look at our photo gallery below to see some of the winners and their quest results.
Some thoughts from the team…..
Brian Smith, Vice President of Commercial Solutions –
- It is always great to spend time with our Esri and customer partners, as well as meet potential new partners and customers.
- I wish the weather was better in San Diego - just kidding.
- Looking forward to next year – learning more about the great things people are doing with geography.
Nate Reck, Director of Government Solutions –
- Mobility and work tracking are kings right now.
- I am motivated more than ever to help our clients realize their vision and make better decisions through technology.
- I already miss the fish tacos and sushi.
Caitlyn Meyer, Project Manager –
- GIS can play a role in so many industries and applications. It really has no boundaries.
- I’ve got new tools to help our clients define their needs and strategize how to implement GIS solutions. IT and GIS solutions should support, enhance, and modernize your current and future business operations. We can help define requirements and implement solutions, off the shelf or custom, that speak to our clients’ unique needs.
- Love, love, love the Water Grill tuna poke! Wondering if they deliver (to North Carolina).
Dave Gilbert, GISP, Senior Project Manager –
- Using REVIT Models in ArcGIS Pro is a lot of fun. The Utility Network tools and data extraction for UAVs are terrific. So glad Collector ArcGIS shows labels.
- I did find the best place for breakfast but I can’t tell you.
- I wish I had thought of that electric scooter idea.
Find out more about our Solutions